It wasn't much of a genealogy weekend - a little blogging, a little researching, a society meeting, and Padres and Chargers games.
1) Saturday, 20 September 2014:
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, then off to UCSD for the CGSSD meeting. Del did Ancestry at 9 a.m. (watched an Ancestry webinar...boring!) and then Joel Weintraub on the 1950 US Census at 10:30 (fun, lots of good info). I tweeted a bit in the latter.
* Home by 12:30 p.m. to read, noted that Surname Saturday - BEMIS (England to colonial Massachusetts) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Do/Did Your Children Know Their Great-Grandparents? posted, then took a nap, watched football on TV, and read the paper.
* We left at 4 p.m. for the trolley, stopped at El Pollo Loco for Linda's dinner, and in Petco Park by 5:15 for the 5:40 game. I had a pizza slice for dinner, plus the ice cream cone. Padres beat the Giants 3-2.
* Home by 9:45 p.m. to watch the end of the Aztecs loss to Oregon State, 28-7. Online to read, check Facebook, but didn't blog. Genealogy this day was 4.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 21 September 2014:
* Read email and blogs, and finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 14 to 20 September 2014 post.
* Didn't go to church, but watched the Chargers game vs. Buffalo. We won 22-10, so now 2-1 on the season. Defense looks better, but we're running out of running backs.
* Watched the Padres game, read the paper, took a nap. Pads won 8-2 over the Giants, 6-1 on the homestand so far, now 75-81 on the season. We ate dinner, and I went out and mowed and watered the front lawn.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then wrote the Amanuensis Monday post. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and researched in the Ha-He surnames in the database. Got down to Hebditch.
* Answered some email. Genealogy this day was 4.5 hours.