Nothing unusual happened on this September 11, the 13th anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks. It was also the 127th wedding anniversary of my great-grandparents, Henry Austin Carringer and Della Smith, and the 77th wedding anniversary of my wife's parents, Lee S. Leland and Edna Schaffner.
I stayed home all day with my shirt off and tried to stay cool, but failed. didn't doze off, though!
* Read email and blogs, then wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 231: Birth Records for Children of Nathan and Abigail (Knowlton) Gates in Gardner, Mass.
* Added a bunch of content and sources to the database from the Massachusetts Mason Cards, great resource! Answered email and added to the Best Of post. Made some blog comments too.
* Wrote Remembering 9-11 - 13 Years After, and then Mining the Massachusetts, Mason Membership Cards Collection on Ancestry.com.
* Wrote five posts on the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog.
* Went in at 5:45 p.m. to watch TV news, eat dinner, water the front yard, and try to deal with the washing machine problem. Fail - it's full of water and won't do anything. Drat. We had to twist the water out of the big towels. They still required two dryer cycles.
* Online at 6;30 p.m. to read, check Facebook, then wrote the 52 Ancestor post for Friday. Had it mostly done last week. Then worked in Ancestry.com in the database on Hat to Haw surnames.
* Added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 12.0 hours.