I just couldn't journal last night due to a migraine headache that knocked me out for some reason. I made up for it today...
1) Wednesday, 23 July 2014 (a warm and muggy day):
* Read email and blogs, and wrote A Four-Generation Picture -- Post 317 for (Not So) Wordless Wednesday and then GSNOCC Seminar with Hank Jones on Saturday, 9 August and set it for later.
* Packed up and headed off to the FamilySearch Library at 9:40 a.m. got there right at 10, the other CVGS folks came, and I took over 140 photos of page images from several books on the shelf to help me add source citations to persons in my tree. Sat in for a little while on Kitty Taylor's "Brick Walls" group.
* We left at 1 p.m. and headed for Marie Callender's in Chula Vista. There were 13 of us and we talked and laughed. I had a chocolate satin pie slice. Yum!
* Home by 2:45 p.m. with a headache, but managed to research and write Find Relatives on the BYU-EDU Relative Finder Website.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Padres game, eat dinner, read the paper, and water the front lawn. The migraine kicked in full force, and I spent the last half of the game in my recliner with a wet wash cloth over my eyes listening to the game. Pads won 8-3 over the Cubs. Went into the back bedroom and laid down with the wash cloth, and finally to bed at 10 p.m. without checking email or anything.
It was a good day up until 6 p.m. Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Thursday, 24 July 2014:
* Read email and blogs, (lots to read!), then wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 224: 1891 Census of Canada for Alexander Sovereen Household.
* Putzed around on WikiTree and Geni searching for my link to Thomas Jefferson, and added some discussion items. I know that the FSFT is wrong - so are WikiTree and Geni, at least down my line past Thomas Hazard.
* Answered email and wrote up the Q&A responses for Brittni. Edited How Should Genealogy Societies Help Beginners? and posted it.
* Worked on adding media and sources from the "To be filed" file of Massachusetts town records. Got about 25 media items added.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Padres game, eat dinner, read the paper and my Michael connelly book, and the Pads beat the Cubs 13-3. Now 45-56.
* Online at 8:45 p.m. to read, then added life stories and some Stories to the FamilySearch Family Tree. Lots more to do!
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. genealogy today was 10.0 hours.