Monday, June 2, 2014

My Geneaholic Sunday and Monday - 1-2 June 2014

I've been busy...but have done very little research.

1)  Sunday, 1 June 2014

*  Read email and blogs and finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 25 to 31 May 2014.

*  We went off to church at 9:15 a.m., and took Judy home afterwards, but stopped at In 'n' Out for lunch.  Home at 1:45 p.m.

*  Checked everything, and we left at 2:30 p.m. to pick up Vincent and Heather at their hotel.  Had a nice tour of San Diego Bay and the beaches.  Drove by my grandparents home on Point Loma, then to Fort Rosecrans to visit my folks, and then to Cabrillo National Monument for sightseeing and pictures.  Then a stop at Sunset Cliffs for pictures, a drive through OB and PB to La Jolla.  Stopped by the Bridge Club for more pictures.  Then drove to Balboa Park and then to Coronado to Miguel's for dinner with Ruth.  Finally, back to the hotel and a view from their room of the Bay and downtown SD.  We were home by 9 p.m.

*  Read, but didn't do any research.  Went to bed at 10 and gort 9 hours sleep.  Genealogy on Sunday was all of 6 hours if you count the 5 hour tour.

2)  Monday, 2 June 2014:

*  Read email and blogs, and noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 221: Will of Nicholas Snow (1600-1676) of Eastham, Massachusetts posted.  

*  Got on the panel for Mondays With Myrt and talked about Jamboree and the Stump the Chumps findings.  

*  Researched and wrote Adding GEDCOM Information to FamilySearch Family Tree - Post 1: Uploading the GEDCOM File.  Worked in the New Jersey probates and got the Able material, and wrote Finding Able/Auble Probate Records in Sussex County, New Jersey and set it for later.

*  Answered some email, and checked Facebook and added to the Best Of post.  Transcribed the John Able inventory.  Edited the CVGS newsletter template and am ready to add content.

*  Went in at 5:30 p.m. and watched TV news, read the paper, and had dinner.  Online at 6:30 p.m. to work on the CVGS newsletter some more - got two pages done.  

*  Went in at 7:10 to watch the Padres game, and Scott came about the fumigation, gave us the bags, and answered my questions about the landscaping.  The tent will go up on Thursday, and come off on Saturday.

*  Started in on bagging food while watching the Padres game.  Got about 50% of the kitchen, all of the dining room and all of the garage done, plus the bird seed is in the back yard.  Watched the Padres game - it's a 4 hour game still going, we're down 10-3 to the Pirates right now.  No hope.  

*  Came in at 10:45 p.m. to write this post.  Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.

No comments: