This was a busy day, but I did no real genealogy work, except educating and preaching and spreading the word!
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, packed up the laptop and off - ROAD TRIP - to Mission Viejo at 8:20 a.m. No traffic stops, and got there by 9:40 a.m. SOCCGS has a 30 minute business meeting and sharing time, then a coffee/snack break, and then the speaker. I ran about 10 minutes over with my "Genealogy and the Cloud" talk.
* Went to lunch with 12 of the attendees, and enjoyed the conversation over my Cobb salad at Carrows. Headed for home after 2 p.m. and got home just in time to miss California Chrome's run in the Preakness. Will have to catch it on the news tonight.
* Worked for awhile on the computer, noted that Surname Saturday - MOL (Holland > New Amsterdam) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Happened on Your Mother's Birth Date? posted, added to the Best Of post, and answered email.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, eat dinner, water more of the back yard, and wash dishes. Pads beat the Rockies 8-5 in a 4 hour game (Pads now 21-23 on the season, 3-2 on the road trip).
* Online at 9 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and write this post. Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.