The weeks just fly by - that's number 17 in 2014. It did cool off today - a high of 93F today here in the Casa del Fuego, and it's still 84F here in the Genealogy Cave at 10 p.m. Fans work.
* Read email and blogs, then noted that 52 Anestors Week 18: #25 Rebecca (Spangler) Carringer (1832-1901) posted and wrote CVGS RootsMagic Workshop on Saturday, 3 May 2014 at Bonita-Sunnyside Library and set it for later.
* Worked in email, and checked out the Mary Lou Olson articles on GenealogyBank. Researched and wrote Looking for Cousins in MyHeritage SmartMatches - Post 1: Finding SmartMatches and set it for mid-afternoon.
* Figured out why my files weren't syncing between desktop and laptop - the desktop settings got messed up sometime. Fixed that and now sync works for Dropbox, Google Drive and Copy. Also noted that somehow all of my Documents folder is copied into my Music folder, and if I change one in one the other is changed too. Frustrating - wonder how that happened? Wonder if I can fix it? The problem is that the Music file headings are useless for document files and everything goes there instead of Documents.
* Wrote the Surname Saturday post. Made a GEDCOM file for the database. Got the new RootsMagic file into the laptop and synced the media to it. Lots of red Xs for some reason. The Ancestor Files folder isn't synced between the two computers.
* Went to the store for a prescription and groceries, home by 5 p.m. to watch TV news, read the paper, eat dinner, and feed the birds. Went in at about 6:30 p.m. and wrote the SNGF post.
* Back to watch the Padres game at 7:15 p.m. and read the paper, and then my Brad Thor book. Pads lost again to D-backs 2-0. Now 13-17 and managed 3 singles tonight. We go on Saturday.
* Online at 9:40 p.m. to add to the Best Of post, read email, check Facebook, and write this post. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.