I finally got down to the new San Diego Public Library today for about two hours.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote The Austin Carringer House in the Early 1910s -- Post 304 for (Not So) Wordless Wednesday and News for the SCGS Genealogy Jamboree 2014 in Burbank and set it for later.
* We left at 10:45 for Linda's doctor appointment, and were done by 12:20. I stopped by McDonalds to pick up lunch, ate it in the car, and caught the 1 p.m. trolley at 24th Street.
* Got to the San Diego Central Library at 1:20 p.m. (almost hit by a bus!) and went to the 9th floor and saw my CVGS colleagues there. Chris introduced me to Kate, the librarian on the floor and we talked about genealogy for a bit. I told her I was a San Diego native, and she offered me the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps. She got them out for me, and I perused them for awhile. Took some photos of pages too. Talked to Kate some more, and gave her my card.
* Left with John and Karen and others and we caught the 3:15 trolley south. Got to the Chula Vista Library to turn in books and get new ones, then the bank, and home just after 4 p.m. Checked email and blogs on my phone while Linda was on the computer.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, eat dinner, put out the trash and wash the dishes. Padres lost 5-2 to the Brewers and it wasn't that close.
* Online at 8 p.m. to read, answer email, and research and write Getting Mary --?-- As Right As Possible - Not a Sherman IMHO!
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and worked in Ancestry.com adding content and sources. got through the Gas* surnames.
* Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.