This was a genealogy day up until it wasn't when the Padres game came on. Then we went out for dinner.
* Read email and blogs, noted that 52 Ancestors, Week 14: #21 Hannah (Rich) Richman/Richmond (1824-1911) of Putnam, Conn. posted. Posted Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Announces 2014 Webinar Launch and set it for later.
* Wrote the SNGF post and Surname Saturday posts.
* Researched in New York probate records and found the estate file for James Vaux who died in 1839 in England but had an estate in Erie County. Noted steps for this and for land records and several other datasets for the New York talk on Saturday.
* Captured charts and wrote CreateFan.com Has More Beautiful Multi-Generation Charts. Transferred captured data to Ancestor Files to be input into database. Lots to do now!
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and tried to nap but failed. Padres fell behind 5-0 after 4 innings, so we left at 5:30 to go to Liz's shindig in San Diego. Had a nice time, but the food was skimpy and different. But free!
* Home by 8:15 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and work in the database. Finished the F names. Added content and sources - up to 51,000 exactly.
* Checked Facebook, read blogs and email, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.