This was a busy genealogy day...no blogging, a speaking engagement, the CGSSD meeting and some online research.
* Read email and blogs quickly, then left at 8:10 a.m. for the CGSSD meeting at UCSD in La Jolla.
* Got there at 8:45 a.m. and immediately asked about autosomal DNA. Enjoyed Barbara Renick's talk on 11 Layers of Searching on FamilySearch, but she only did two of them. I left at 11:10 a.m. during her second talk on Library Catalogs to go to Carmel Mountain Ranch Library. Stopped at Costco in CMR for lunch, then the library by noon.
* Got set up, started at 12:30 p.m. but had to talk from behind the projector because of the projector cable cord length - very short! Worked out OK. Lots of questions afterwards, some attendees had some experience.
* Home by 2:45 p.m. to read, note that Surname Saturday - Hare (England) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Share Some of Your Memories posted.
* worked for about an hour in the FamilySearch Family Tree matching several Gates families to persons in the tree, adding events, children and sources to the tree, etc. Got three ancestral families done.
* Called for dinner at 5:30 p.m., watched TV news, read the paper and did the dishes.
* Online at 6:50 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and added more content and sources to several ancestors, especially Georgianna Kemp for next 52 Ancestors post. Then worked in MyHeritage adding content and sources from Find A Grave record matches. Confirmed 20 more, now have 335 left.
* Wrote this post, checked Facebook, and done! Tired. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.