This was a very typical genealogy Wednesday - blogging, CVGS meeting, research. Cool.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 282: CVGS Visit to San Diego FamilySearch Center and CGSSD Meeting on Saturday, 16 November Features Hal Horrocks and set it for late morning, and What Should Genealogical Societies Offer? My 11 Suggestions and set it form id=afternoon.
* Gathered up the laptop and tablet and off to McDonald's for lunch and the library for the CVGS Research Group. Got set up in the conference room, and spent the first hour challenging the group to come up with ideas for solving the Louis Powell and Ethel problems. They did pretty well as a group! In the second hour, they discussed their problems and successes. The power went out for about 30 minutes and we kept going by smartphone flashlights!
* Home by 2:30 p.m. to read, then worked on John's tree some more. Figured out who his grandmother was - the CVGS group suggested R first names! It was Ruby. Found her parents and one set of grandparents too. Added all of that to the FTM 2014 database.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV news, read the paper, eat dinner, and do the dishes. Transferred photos to Dropbox and deleted a bunch from the phone stream. Went to the desktop at 7 p.m. to add photos to the Pictures files, and posted several of the grandgirls on Facebook.
* Worked in the database to add content and sources to the E surnames. Got into the Eatons. Found several maiden names for females, several obituaries that I transcribed, etc.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.