My genealogy day was interrupted by two tasks, but not for long. Except for the eye dilation part!
* Read email and blogs, noted that Randy's Saturday Roadtrip - Whittier Area Genealogical Society posted, and wrote Follow-Up Friday - Helpful and Interesting Reader Comments From the Past Week.
* Left at 9:45 a.m. for my eye doctor appointment. Got vision tested, dilated, glaucoma tested, and bright light tested, got the same glasses prescription as last year, and a dark inlay to shield my eyes from bright lights. Stopped at the pharmacy and bank, and home at 11 a.m. Ate lunch.
* Back online at 11:30 a.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and worked on the George Allen problem some more. Checked WeRelate and the Great Migration books, and added info to the WikiTree profile. Got interested in royals on Geni and found several lines relating me to royalty. Saved them - future posts? Took the hat that Lucas left here to the post office.
* Researched and wrote NEHGS (AmericanAncestors.org) Has the Great Migration Project Sketches Online. Answered some email. Got my updated presentation material on the flash drive and laptop. Talked to Greta at WAGS twice.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV, eat dinner, read the paper and do the dishes.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then wrote two posts for Saturday; did some research on FamilySearch for the Surname Saturday post. Checked in on Facebook.
* Reviewed and practiced the presentation for Saturday. Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.
Drat, forgot to write up the meeting notes...
I'll be away most of the day tomorrow at Whittier and then my daughters in Huntington Beach, and we'll be home late, so I'll report on that on Sunday. Look for the SNGF post at 12:15 p.m. PST on Saturday.