Well, I guess today was a semi-genealogy day, but it didn't feel like it!
1) Saturday, 9 February:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - SHEPARD (England > Massachusetts) posted.
* Had to stay home until after 10 a.m. with the girls until Linda came home, then off to the 10 a.m. SDGS meeting to hear Gena Ortega's two talks. Home by 1 p.m.
* Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Valentine's Day! posted. Got laptop setup for the girls in the dining room, they took a nap, and I took a nap.
* Watched and played with the girls in late afternoon and evening. I did more on the CVGS newsletter. They stayed up late, finally to sleep at 11 p.m. I read on computer, got the Best Of post ready to go. No research.
Genealogy this day was maybe 5.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 10 February:
* Read email and blogs, got the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 3 to 9 February 2013 post finished.
* Off to church at 9:30 a.m., Lauren and I home by 11:30, Linda and Audrey went shopping and got home at 1 p.m. Lauren and I had lunch, she played on the laptop, I worked online reading, and worked on the CVGS newsletter - almost finished.
* Did no real research today...but read a lot, and kept the girls in line. They were asleep by 10 p.m.
Genealogy today was maybe 5.0 hours.
3) Monday, 11 February:
* The girls slept in, so I had the email and blogs read and Amanuensis Monday - Probate Records of Matthew Wing (1674-1724) of Dartmouth, Mass. written by 8:30 a.m.
* Listened off and on to DearMYRTLE's webinar from 9 to 10:30, while keeping two laptops running in separate rooms. That worked pretty well! Got the girls packed up, tried to find everything they brought. They watched TV too, and I read quite a bit online.
* Researched and wrote Creating the Land Record Source Citation in RootsMagic 6 after lunch, and Tami came at 1 p.m. just as we were starting scootering on the sidewalk. The girls were really happy to see their mom. They left at 2 p.m. for home.
* Finished up the CVGS Newsletter, printed a master copy and the revised mailing list, and got to the UPS Store at 3 p.m., and home at 3:30 p.m. Done! Emailed it to the email list.
* Answered some emails, and wrote Review: Legacy QuickGuide on Using Historical Newspapers for Genealogy Research.
* Went in for dinner at 5 p.m., read the paper, watched TV news, did the dishes.
* Online again at 6:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and found some Dyar memorials on Find A Grave, so added those. Got started in Ancestry with Chat* names, and got mostly through the Cheney names. Added data and sources using VR books, AmericanAncestors, and Ancestry searches.
* Checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was about 9.0 hours
RootsMagic database stats (last list on 31 January):
* People = 41,483 (41,478)
* Families = 16,541 (16,537)
* Events = 118,739 (118,393)
* Places = 6,166 (6,129)
* Sources = 852 (847)
* Citations = 37,279 (36,832)
* To-do tasks = 74
* Multi-media items = 383 (373)
* Multi-media links = 1,224 (1,204)