The day started out bad for me, and got worse...
* I was awakened from a sound sleep at 5:40 a.m. by Linda calling for me. She had dropped the frozen turkey in the freezer on her right foot, and was bleeding. I tried to clean it up, but it kept bleeding and we decided to go to the ER. Got her there by 6:40 a.m. and they took her in immediately for x-rays. I sat in the lobby, using the iPhone to read email, blogs and add Ancestry Hints, until 9:15 when I went in to be with her. They had finally gotten the x-rays that showed her middle toe on her right foot was fractured - shattered the tip of that toe. The doc came in and put in 8 stitches to close the bleeding wounds, and gave us a prescription, a walking shoe, and directions for treatment. I posted pictures of the toes on Facebook... and both girls called to check up on her.
* She was released at 10:45 a.m. and we were home by 11 a.m. I went to Ralphs to get the prescription and some food items. I changed the dressing, got the pills down her, and we ate lunch. She can walk on it. She called Tami and begged off having the girls for the week here.
* We watched the Chargers game - worst effort of the year in the first half. They lost to Denver 30-23 but it wasn't that close. now 4-6. A terrible day so far.
* Managed to tweet about Best of the Genea-Blogs - 11 to 17 November 2012 posting, and read email and blogs.
* Went in to help with dinner and we ate watching the news and then football. I did the dishes, and gave her pills and changed the dressing. It's still oozing blood on the right side of the toe - looks like the stitches didn't close the wound completely.
* Online at 7:30 p.m. to read, write a post for Monday which went up by mistake, and worked in the database adding sources and content (mainly the Buck data from Connecticut towns).
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 3.0 hours.