It was a pretty typical summer weekend for genealogy...
1) Saturday, 21 July:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - WIESER (????) posted.
* Packed up the laptop and went off at8:15 a.m. for UCSD and the CGSSD meeting. Sat in on the DNA SIG where Corley gave a short presentation about mtDNA and answered questions. In the main program, Dona Ritchie talked about Photoshop restoration of photos. She repaired and cleaned up three photos using Photoshop. Interesting.
* Home by 12:15 p.m. to read, note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Who has the most Census Records? posted. Poor participation this week, I thought this wold be a popular challenge.
* Did some random online research in the database...and answered an email query - found two obits in GenealogyBank for San Diego deaths in the 1920s.
* We left at 4 p.m. for the trolley and Petco Park. There by 5 p.m., I had my Filippi's pizza slice and ice cream, the Pads lost 8-6 in 12 innings to the Rockies (we're 4-8 now when attending) and watched most of the fireworks show.
* Home by 11:30 p.m.and read a bit.
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 22 July:
* Read email and blogs, finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 15 to 21 July 2012 post.
* Left for church at 9:30 a.m., home by 11:30 a.m. Read some, then wrote an email about the RootsMagic workshop.
* We left at 1:45 p.m. for the church ice cream social and had a good time talking and listening to the choir. I worked on the iPhone for most of the choir show - got all of my social sites read!
* Home by 4 p.m. to read, write CVGS July 25th Program: Gena Ortega on "Remember the Ladies" and added some images to the RootsMagic database. Made a small GEDCOM for the RM workshop.
* Had dinner at 5:30 p.m., got the dishes washed and the front plants watered, and online at 6:15 p.m. to finish up the OASIS class 3 presentation and then the library talk for Tuesday with the handout. got all of that put on the flash drive and on Dropbox. Also transferred the Ancestor Files file to the flash drive and put it all on the laptop.
* Wrote the Amanuensis Monday post. Worked in Find-a-Grave - got through #800 of Seaver. Checked Facebook, started the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.
157 multimedia items.