It was a very busy and full genealogy day here at Randy's Genealogy Cave...
* Read email and blogs, wrote Tuesday's Tip - Vermont Record Collections on FamilySearch, watched Lisa's videos and then wrote Lisa Louise Cooke's Latest Podcast and Videos with Gena Ortega. Wrote Need Research Services? Want to Provide Research Services? Check out the Global Alliance of Genealogical Professionals and set it for early afternoon.
* Answered some email, played a bit on FindMyPast, had lunch, and left at 12 noon for the Mission Valley Library.
* Got to the library at 12:30 p.m., opening time, got set up (nothing was set up, a library guy got the screen down, the video hooked up, and I was ready by 12:45 p.m. for the 1 p.m.start of my Genealogy - Be An Ancestor Detective. This group of 40 seemed to be really attentive, and asked many good questions. We ended at 3 p.m. and it seemed like 30 minutes had gone by. One attendee said that I inspired her to do family history research - she loved my examples of records and family stories. Cool - that's what I want them to think and say!
* Home by 3:30, but had to go to the Post Office to send things to my daughter. Read everything, then wrote FindMyPast.com Debuts - A Pretty Good Deal. Received my password in email, and looked around the site.
* Went in for dinner at 5:15 p.m., and back online at 6 p.m. to read,then did some online research to enrich the database. Didn't get much done before going in at 7:15 p.m.
* Watched the Padres game, read the paper and then Lisa Cooke's book on Google. Pads lost to the Giants in the 9th inning, 3-2. Rats.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.