Grandma and Grandpa Camp for the grandgirls is over...whew! Now I go visit the grandboys on Saturday! I'll be one pooped grandpop when I get home on the 4th.
1) Thursday, 28 June:
* Got the girls fed and dressed, read emails and blogs, and noted that Treasure Chest Thursday - 1930 U.S. Census Record for Frederick W. Seaver family posted.
* We left at 9:30 a.m. for the San Diego Zoo. did the flamingos, children's zoo, snake house and hummingbirds this time, then had lunch and were home by 1 p.m.
* Everyone got a nap, but I was able to read and noted that 1940 U.S. Census Update: 29 States Searchable on FamilySearch posted.
* We left at 3 p.m. for Barbara's to swim...had a great time. The girls are really swimming well. We came home, then went to El Pollo Loco for dinner, and home by 6:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game. They won 7-3 with 6 runs in the 9th inning.
* Girls had trouble going to bed, so that cut into my genealogy time. Didn't get much done. Worked a bit in the Cloud presentation. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and didn't get to bed until 11:30 - and Audrey was still awake.
Genealogy this day was about 3.5 hours.
2) Friday, 29 June:
* No sooner started reading email and blogs than girls woke up hungry and cranky. Got them fed, and they played and watched TV, which gave me the chance to write Follow-Up Friday - Thinking About Good Citations.
* Played with and hugged with the girls all morning. We left at 12:30 for Lolita's for lunch and to hand the girls off to Tami and James. They came back here for naps.
* While everyone else napped, I got the syllabus for the Cloud presentation done. Whew. Still need the Jane's Roots syllabus - on Saturday!
* They were up by 3:30, got packed up and left. Peace and quiet! Wrote Citing an Unsuccessful Search.
* Linda and I left at 4:45 p.m. for the bank, the Verizon store to buy her a basic cell phone, then to In 'n Out for dinner. Home by 6:15 p.m. to watch the Padres lose 10-2 to the Rockies. Managed to get about 20 names into Linda's phone contact list.
* Online at 8 p.m. to read, then write two posts for the weekend, add to and edit the Best Of post, check Facebook, and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours