What a busy Saturday with two genealogy talks and no blogging (except for this post).
* Got email and blogs read, noted that Surname Saturday - GRAY (England > Massachusetts) posted.
* Left at 8:50 a.m. for the SDGS meeting on Lake Murray Blvd. got there by 9:15 a.m. and talked to Joel and others. Joel gave two superb talks on the 1940 Census - first about the census itself, and then the methods to find EDs so that you can browse the images.
* Left at 12:30 p.m. to go to the CVGS meeting in Bonita. Myrna Goodwin gave an engaging and info-filled talk on Maximizing Ancestry.com. She highlighted the sync with FTM, using newspapers, directories and maps, and collaboration tools in her talk. Got my email read, Ancestry app demonstrated, FTM 2012 updated, and stuff tweeted while there.
* Home by 3:30 p.m. to read, note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Surnames? posted, then watched the Aztecs lose the Mountain West championship to New Mexico. Read the paper and ate dinner.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to try to finish up the CVGS Newsletter. Got all but about 4 inches of space filled up.
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, got a page of indexing done, set the clocks ahead an hour, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.