It was a different genealogy day for me ... a visit to a new speaking venue with some surprises. good ones!
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - CHASE (England > Massachusetts) posted.
* We left at 8:45 a.m. for Mission Viejo. Listened to 50s and 60s music on CD on the way up. Got to the LDS Church sat 10 a.m. just when the SOCCGS meeting started. Their business meeting ended at 10:40 so I was able to get set up then and was ready when everyone came back from the break. David flint introduced me, and off I went on my 60 minute tour of Ancestry.com searching.
* It went well, I answered questions for awhile with individuals, and then we met the group down at the local Carrow's for lunch. That was fun...their society seems to be thriving - they're well organized, their officers are accessible and industrious, and the meeting was very smooth.
* We headed for home at 2 p.m. and had traffic all the way down to Del Mar when it finally broke up. We were home by 3:45 - it took 30 minutes longer to get home than to go up. We listened to the 60s usic and then Beach Boys music, but heard the last 6 minutes of the Aztecs basketball game too.
* I noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestral Name Roulette had posted and tweeted/plused it. Went in at 4:15 to watch TV news, read the paper and take a nap after the drive. We had dinner, and I watched TV until 6:30 p.m.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then did 1902-1904 in the SSDI for Seaver births, and then answered an Ancestry mail about one family in the northwest. Added some info to the database from this and a well-documented AMT.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, added new blogs to the Reader, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.