It was a pretty typical Saturday - out early to a genealogy meeting, home to write and blog. even took my wife out to dinner.
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, noted that Surname Saturday - ALLEN (England > Massachusetts) posted.
* Left at 8:15 a.m. for the CGSSD meeting in the rain. got there in time, and joined the FTM User Group meeting with Ken moderating. We investigated several things. I downloaded the latest update too.
* After the refreshment break, Denise got there and set up for her talk on Dropbox. That went well with lots of audience interaction and questions. I downloaded Dropbox to my laptop during the talk.
* Headed for home at 12 noon, stopped at the pharmacy and got home and had lunch. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Do Some Random Research posted.
* Added Dropbox to the Galaxy tablet also. Made sure the laptop Dropbox sync had completed.
* Worked in the database for awhile adding Pike data from the Freeman book (obtained at ACPL).
* We left for dinner at Outback at 4:30 p.m., had to wait until 5:15 to get seated. Decent dinner - blew my calories though, I'm too weak - can't resist french fries.
* Home at 6:30 to watch TV news and read the paper, then online at 7:15 to read, note that Rootstech 2012 Presentations - 1:45 p.m. Friday, 3 February posted.
* Messed around with Web Search in FTM 2012, and found a death record for Amy White! Added it and sourced it (FamilySearch). Looked for more unseen matches for my folks, but none popped up. Worked for about an hour in Find-a-Grave, got through about 140 of the Seavers now - up to Charles.
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.