It was not a really big genealogy weekend because Tami, James and the girls were here for most of it. Then Sunday had football.
1) Saturday, 17 December 2011:
* Got email and blogs read, and the Surname Saturday and SNGF posts went up on schedule. Tami's family got here by 11 a.m. and it was pretty much non-stop fun until evening. We opened Christmas gifts in the afternoon - Lauren got to ride her new bike and Audrey tried out her skates (can't get them off her!). Went to dinner at Miguels. Tami and family went driving by Christmas Tree Lane while I watched the Aztecs game.
* Managed to get the Best Of post ready to go on Sunday. Not much else got done!
2) Sunday, 18 December 2011:
* Tami's family left at 10 to go to the bayfront, then they headed for home. We went to church. Finished up the Best Of the Genea-Blogs post and watched football games. Took a nap, then mowed the front lawn.
* Watched the Chargers game during dinner - we won 34-14.
* Online at 9 p.m. to read, then wrote the amanuensis Monday post for Monday. I need to start working ahead so that there's posts during our Christmas trip.
3) Monday, 19 December 2011:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Advent Calendar - December 19: Christmas Shopping and Amanuensis Monday - the Will of Henry Farwell (1605-1670) of Chelmsford, Mass. posted.
* Watched Eastman's talk at MSOG and wrote "The Future of Genealogy" Video. Wrote Possible Knapp Families in Dutchess County - Post 3: Given Names of the Children.
* Worked a bit in Ancestry.com and FTM 2012 trying to understand what happened with the iPhone file attachments.
* Left at 12:30 p.m. to go shopping. Home by 2 p.m. with some success. Guessed at the sizes - they were right!
* Wrote CVGS Holiday Luncheon Review and one more post on the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog.
* Worked more in Ancestry and FTM 2012, and wrote Ancestry Member Trees, Family Tree Maker 2012, and the iPhone Ancestry App .
* Went in for dinner, read the paper, added the Ancestry Android app to the Galaxy, and helped Linda do email on the Galaxy.
* Back on the desktop at 7 p.m. to read, write the last 5 Advent Calendar posts, an Amanuensis Monday post and two Surname Saturday posts. Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.