Once again, I missed a journaling day on Sunday. Really not much to say! Monday was busy! Got the sniffles and sore throat, started the cold capsules. My right foot feels much better today.
1) Sunday, 27 November 2011:
* Read email and blogs, got the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 20 to 26 November 2011 ready to post at noontime.
* Went to church, home by 11:30 a.m., read some, went in to watch football. Watched Chargers game - lost to Broncos 16-13 in overtime. Drat.
* Back online at 5 p.m. to read, then ate dinner, and back to post CVGS Program is "Heirloom Discovery Day" on 30 November on both blogs.
* Worked in Ancestry.com finding census records for the Knapp children, and adding people, facts, notes and sources to the database. Checked Facebook and Google Plus.
Genealogy today was maybe 4.5 hours at most.
2) Monday, 28 November:
* Read email, and quickly posted RootsMagic 5 Released, then tried to down load it. Download went fine, including removing RootsMagic 4, paid for it, and tried to load my RM4 database and got an error. Now the RM4 database was partially converted, and I had no RM4 on my computer. Not to worry - found my RM4 registration code, downloaded RM4 again, copied the database from Dropbox to my Database file, and had RM4 running again. Sent RootsMagic customer support a message, and got a response. Tried to send RM4 file but it hung up in transmission. Drat.
* Wrote Read D. Barry Sheldon's blog, Above the Branches and continued worknig on the RM4/FRM5 problems.
* Once I had RM4 back, I wrote Amanuensis Monday - Obituary of Lydia (Griggs) Smith (1808-1889) (the info was in my RM4 database). Continued working in RootsMagic 4, added some spouses from the Smith family to the database.
* Had lunch, wrote Santa Claus videos at Ancestry.com's YouTube Channel. Answered a bunch of emails.
* Left at 1 p.m. to go to the library to work on a query, but had no luck at all. Home by 2 p.m.. Edited my NEHGS article and sent it off one more time.
* Registered and added content to LostCousins, then wrote The LostCousins Website - use it for "Cousin Bait" No matches for Richmans and Marshmans. Drat.
* Sleepy, so went in to watch the news and take a nap. Read the paper, had dinner, and watched the Saints game.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then test Mocavo UK and write Mocavo Genealogy Search Engine for the UK is Live.
* Sent a Backup file to RootsMagic at their request to try to solve my RM5 problem. Added more content to the Knapps in the RM4 database. Added to the Best Of post. Checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours today.