It was a busy genealogy day with big plans...but it didn't turn out the way I planned.
* Read email and blogs, and wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 166: Betty in the Chicken Coop. Wrote WikiTree Traffic Jumps 30% - Why? What Will it mean? too. Got cleaned up.
* Wrote CGSSD Meeting on Saturday, 20 August Features Hal Horrocks and set it for after noon. Worked a bit in the Baden birth records looking for more children of Xaver and Anna.
* Ate lunch, packed up and went to the library for the CVGS Computer Group meeting. Talked to Ken about FTM afterwards.
* Home at 2:30 p.m. to find Ancestry.com had announced their 1940 census plans. Wrote The Geni.com Changes Genea-Blog Compendium and Ancestry.com and the 1940 U.S. Census.
* Checked for new databases on FamilySearch and Ancestry, and checked Google Plus.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to read the paper and have dinner, then took out the trash, and we left at 6 p.m. for the free concert in the park in downtown Chula Vista. It was pretty good - early 60's music, mostly doo-wop.
* Home by 8:30 p.m. to read, check Facebook, answer email, do a little research on Jerusha, wife of Burgess Metcalf, and write this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.