Two days here, since I was late getting home last night from the OC. We still have the grandgirls so I've done little else but read and blog a little this week.
1) Wednesday, 20 July:
* Got the girls fed and dressed ready for their swimming lesson with Linda, and off they went at 8:45 a.m. Read my email and blogs, posted "Searching Ancestry.com Effectively" Presentation at GSNOCC Tonight! Wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 162: Betty and Nana and set it for late morning.
* Got cleaned up, gathered my laptop, my flash drives, my research notebook, made my maps, and left at 10:30 a.m. for Orange county.
* Got to Orange by noon, ate lunch at McDonalds and got gas, then went to the Orange FHC. Found some useful books and copied some pages from them. Wrote Iowa State Picnic for Southern California on August 6, 2011 while there.
* Left at 4 p.m. to go to Keno's Restaurant to meet the GSNOCC folks for dinner. We had 9, and great conversation. Left there at 6:10 p.m. to go to the Yorba Linda Community Center for the GSNOCC meeting.
* Got there easily, and got set up. It was in a different room than usual, so the logistics were messed up. Had to get almost everyone on one side of the room because the cable length from computer to projector was short. After the business meeting, I spent 70 minutes on "Searching Ancestry.com Effectively."
* Had a snack, answered questions, and left at 9:30 p.m. for home. Got home at 11 and was in bed by 11:10 p.m. - pooped. No Journal!
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.
2) Thursday, 21 July 2011:
* Girls slept in until 7:30 a.m., and got them fed and dressed for swimming and out the door by 8:45 with Linda.
* Read my email and blogs. Wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 74: James Richmond's Death Certificate before the girls came home at 10:30 a.m.
* Entertained them, got them lunch, and down for naps by 12:30 p.m. Wrote Some Help for Searching Ancestry.com and New Steve Morse One-Step Utility for 1940 Census Enumeration District Maps.
* Went in to watch the Padres game (they won 5-3 over Marlins), read the paper, and take a nap. The girls were up by 3:30 and we left at 4 p.m. to go to In 'n Out for dinner, then to Reuben Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park. The girls had great fun in the Kids Zone.
* Home by 7:30 for dessert, then baths, and bedtime, and they're still up at 10:20 p.m. Checked Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.