No genealogy research today - just meeting commitments. And a camera problem. Some blogging.
* Read email and blogs before going off to the men's Bible study breakfast. Was home by 9:30. Noted that Surname Saturday - VAN VORST (Holland > New York) posted.
* Wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - If I Knew Then... and set it for after noon.
* Wrestled with my Nikon Coolpix camera - got a Lens Error and can't take pictures. Searched online for brute force fixes and found some, but they didn't work. Now I need a new camera. Downloaded pix on the camera to the computer.
* Listened to the Mysociety Radio show, and chatted too, until 11:45 a.m. when I grabbed an apple and my laptop and went off to do my presentation at Bonita Library.
* Got there at 12 noon, and waited for doors to open. Gary got the room opened at 12:10 and we arranged the tables and chairs, then got my computer set up. The library's projector settings were messed up, so Gary went to get the CVGS projector. I started my talk by discussing the books I had brought, and the others on my bibliography list. The talk had six segments, one for each New England state. After each segment I gave a little pop quiz and encouraged a little exercise to keep the brains engaged. Seemed to work.
* Over at 2:40, and home by 3 p.m. Read everything, checked in on Facebook, answered some email, and went in for a nap, watch TV and read the paper. Back online at 4:30 p.m. to read, then took Linda to Oggi's for dinner, and Cold Stone for ice cream.
* Home by 6:30 p.m. to watch the second half of the Padres game - we won 6-3 over Astros (now 26-33, 12-21 at home now).
* Online at 8:15 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, work on the CVGS Newsletter, and write this post.
Post a Comment