A day without blogging is a day to do other genealogy-related things. so I did! And had fun doing it.
Thursday - 12 May 2011:
* Read email and blogs, then wrote NGS Conference Posts Compendium. Checked out the New FamilySearch tutorials and videos. Wrote The New FamilySearch Family Tree - Post 1: I Have Access and set it for later in the afternoon.
* Got cleaned up, reviewed the new databases on Ancestry and FamilySearch. Had lunch. Can't recall what else!
* Wrote May 2011 CVGS Newsletter is Online and had the Research Group post finished when Blogger went down at like 2 p.m. Argghhh.
* Watched the Janet Hovorka webinar on Legacy, then worked in the database. Got the 1900 census source citations finished, then added sources for several families trying to burn down my paper piles.
* Had dinner, back online to work more in my database, made a GEDCOM file and uploaded it to FTM 2011 and Legacy, searched FamilySearch Family Tree for more ancestors, and found some. Email from Lori with Whittle data, so I happily entered that into the database, with sources. Blogger still down.
2) Friday - 13 May 2011
* Read email and blogs (not many there!) with Blogger still down. What else can I do?
* Checked out how Ancestry.com WebSearch works, and thought about FTM 2012 claims. Tweeted my frustration and added Facebook comments too. Entered more sources into the database, and was thinking through the New England Research presentation when Blogger came back on around 10 a.m.
* Wrote Blogger withdrawal, then Family Tree Maker 2012 News.
* Left at 11:30 a.m. to get a Polish dog at Costco then picked up George at noon for our weekly walk on the bayfront. Cool and breezy today. Home be 1 p.m.
* Read everything, then wrote What is Ancestry.com's Web Search? Added more sources from the paper stack to the database, then mined the Iowa Marriages collection on FamilySearch for Seaver data. Added about 60 names, dates, places with sources to the database.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to read the paper, watch the Padres game and eat dinner.
* Back online at 7 p.m. to listen to Geneabloggers Radio and chat with the folks. A good show tonight! At 8:30 p.m. went in to watch end of Padres game (they lost 12-7 to Rockies, now 15-23 on year).
* Read blogs, added to the Best Of post, then resurrected and added to the NGS Compendium post. Still need to resurrect the New FamilySearch Family Tree post and the CVGenCafe post from Google Reader if Blogger doesn't put them back. I'm afraid the Research Group post will have to be rewritten.
Post a Comment