Another full genealogy day with Linda up at Tami's until Thursday.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 143: The Carringer Home in 1925. Got cleaned up, then wrote Dear Randy: Do Family Tree Maker 2011 Smart Stories have any practical function? and set it for later in the morning.
* Answered some email, printed out the handouts for the Research Group, got the laptop ready to go, ate lunch, and left for the library at 11:20 a.m.
* Got set up for the meeting at noon. We had 13 at the Research Group today and talked about Marriage Records, then sort of a free for all Q&A session. The two hours went by quickly.
* Home by 2:15, read everything, worked in RootsMagic doing the N sources. Noted that the Family Tree Top 40 was out, so posted Family Tree Magazine Top 40 Genealogy Blogs for 2011. Back to sources for awhile - didn't finish the N's yet.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV, put out the trash, eat dinner and read the paper. Back online at 6 p.m. Checked Facebook. Posted RootsTech Streaming Videos now Available. Posted San Diego Genealogical Society meeting on Saturday - Alfredo Pena presenting.
Decided to work on the messy pile of "to be filed" and found many articles and book fragments that I need to use to source some of my data. Sorted it into two piles of "to be filed" and "to be sourced" - the latter pile is about six inches high! That took awhile, but I'm glad that I did it.
* Added to the Best Of post, then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.5 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 1.5 hours reading blogs, 3.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.5 hours working on CVGS Research Group, 1.0 hour working on sources in the database, and 2.5 hours sorting paper piles.