It was a busy day - both real life and genealogy.
* Up early, had breakfast and got the grandgirls theirs, then got cleaned up and off at 7:15 a.m. to the Chula Vista parking garage. 11 of us carpooled to the Family History Fair in Escondido (about 35 miles). Had a good discussion in the car with Mary Lou and Kathleen.
* Got there at 8:10, got my packet, and visited the CVGS table. Set up my laptop, saw lots of friends, and then off to the Keynote talk by Diane C. Loosle of FamilySearch at 9 a.m. After that, I sat at the CVGS table. Noted that Surname Saturday - CARPENTER (England > Massachusetts > Rhode Island posted and wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - It's Fun Day! and tweeted and FBed. Went to Gena Ortega's talk on Finding Females for the next session, then ate lunch out on the low wall with CVGS colleagues.
* Stayed at the CVGS table for the next session, and read my email and blogs. Then to hear Barbara Renick speak on Genealogy: Real Life is Better than Reality TV." Spent the last hour at the table helping to pack up. Got two speaking gigs as a result of this meeting.
* We left at 4:30 p.m. and I was home by 5:15. Packed up the girls and off to Chik-Fil-A for dinner. Blew my diet, I fear! Chicken strips and french fries tasted great after 7 weeks without! Home by 7:15 p.m., got the girls bathed, dressed, read to and bedded down.
* Online finally at 8:15 p.m., read email and blogs, added to the Best of post. Worked on the CVGS Newsletter for awhile, then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 8 hours at Family History Fair, 1.0 hour writing blog posts, and 1.0 hour working on CVGS Newsletter.
Post a Comment