Another pretty full genealogy day - plus a nap, and some shopping.
* Read my email and blogs, then wrote Tuesday's Tip - find Online Historical Newspapers and got cleaned up.
* Researched and wrote Some City Directories Online at DonsList and captured some pages for future blogs.
* Started the next task in FTM 2011 - getting the address and cemetery and church data out of the Place Name and into the Description of the Place. Got through the L's. Had lunch.
* Went off to the pharmacy, Home Depot and the bank to shop...came home and had the wrong length fluorescent bulbs - Linda took them back.
* Worked on the rest of the address, cemetery and church names, finished it. Found some errors on the master Place list, but not many - the list looks pretty clean! Installed the fluorescent bulbs in the garage.
* Wrote Answers to my Geni.com Questions and checked Geni out some more. Cannot see the big tree for some reason. Will ask George! Did a find and replace on "USA" for "United States" which worked in FTM 2011, but now the place names are not geocoded or standard. I'm sure glad that I made a backup before I did that!
* Went in at 4:30 to watch TV news, read the paper and nap. Dinner, then back to work.
* Compacted FTM 2011 database, made a GEDCOM file, and imported it into Legacy and RootsMagic. Investigated sources and place names, especially the Description information. Tried to change all "United States" back to "USA" in FTM 2011, but it hung up. Finally ditched that file and loaded the backup from earlier. Whew! Also loaded the FTM 2011 GEDCOM into FTM 16 to see what happens - same thing in Sources, it adds tags to some source fields.
* Checked Facebook, answered some email, reviewed the day's blog posts and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blog posts, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour working in SD City Directories, 5.0 hours working in the database and with software.