This was a stay-at-home full genealogy day, with a break at dinner time. Even got some genealogy tasks started and finished.
* Read email and blogs, then researched and wrote Surname Saturday - PEIRCE (England > MA). Got cleaned up. Answered some email that had piled up.
* Thrashed around for awhile looking for a topic for SNGF, decided on and wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Games People Play and set it for later. Had to help Linda clean out the pantry for an hour or so. gladly... had lunch.
* Checked out Windows Live Photo Gallery and it won't edit images the way I want to. Looked for free photo editing software and downloaded PhotoScape, worked with it awhile and like it. Edited some of Gerry's photos and saved them as JPGs for use in blog posts and the Family Journal.
* Worked on the CVGS Member survey responses to 25 questions - got 10 out of 24 tabulated on a form.
Why can't people follow directions? Is it too hard to read a question and answer it with a Yes or No, or judge something Excellent down to Poor? Why won't people make constructive suggestions when asked?
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Aztecs game, read the paper and eat dinner. Helped Linda on her Gmail again. Aztecs beat UNLV 48-14 to finish 8-4 - they lost 4 games by a total of 15 points.
* Back online at 7:30 p.m., wrote the Best Of post for Sunday. Tested the new scanner - figured out best way to scan something and save it. Checked in on Facebook.
* Played with Legacy a bit, then couldn't find RootsMagic although I know I downloaded it on Thursday night! MIA. Gotta do it again, I guess!
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours - 1.5 hours doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours working with photos, 2.0 hours working on CVGS survey, and 1.0 hour working with software.