A pretty full genealogy day, highlighted by a trip to the San Diego Public Library on an IAOGK mission.
* Read email and blogs, wrote FamilySearch Bloggers Day - Software Community.
* Had lunch at home, left at 12 noon for downtown San Diego on my Intentional Act of Genealogical Kindness (IAOGK). Found a 2-hour parking place one block from library, and easily found my target newspaper article for Pat. Copied the pages and enlarged the target articles, and was on my way home by 1:20 p.m.
* Home by 1:45 p.m., read everything, then scanned the copied pages and emailed them to Pat with explanation of process. She wrote back and I put the pages in an envelope and put it in the outgoing mail. Nice to complete a project quickly! Pat appreciated it!
* Wrote and posted Genealogical Treats at FamilySearch Beta - New Collections. Tried out some of them - no luck in Idaho Marriages for Grieser and Brocke. Oh well.
* Started in on Place names again - got through rest of the Hs, did Is, Js and Ks through King. Using FTM 2010 to identify places with shorthand sources, also places without counties or with wrong counties. Changing them one person at a time in FTM 16 (each person is identified with record types in a place). Almost halfway done!
* Went out to cut the front lawn at 5 p.m., back in for dinner at 5:45 p.m. and out again to sweep up at 6:15 p.m. Done by 6:30 p.m.
* Sent out surveys to CVGS members for their completion. Shut everything down and installed the MacAfee Security Suite that comes free from Cox...I've been paying for MacAfee for six years. Drat. Took about 30 minutes, so got some paper piles organized a bit - sorted and in folders.
* Decided to write some posts for next week while we're away - got two done on Whittles. More to do using the record images obtained at FHL last week.
* Went hunting for Jane Haslam's family in Lancashire and found them - got info on parents and siblings, assuming the info in FS Beta is correct.
* Checked in on Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours today - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours on IAOGK task, 2.5 hours in database, 3.0 hours writing blog posts and 1.0 hour working in English parish records on FS Beta.