Not much genealogy on Sunday, but lots of family history! Some genealogy efforts on Monday, but no research.
Sunday, 10 October:
* Up early, got email read but that's all - we left at 8 a.m. for disneyland. Got there by 9:30, in the gates at 10, did Pirates then met Tami at 11 at Buzz Lightyear. did that. Tami and I went off to Splash Mountain, Linda and Lolo to Small World. They took the train over to New Orleans Square and we ate lunch there. Then down to Main Street for shopping (I used my $75 birthday Disney money I got last year) and ice cream, then the parade, which was a dance show. Lolo got to be in it a bit. It was warm all day - about 90 F, and we sat in the shade for an hour. Then over to California Adventure. Linda and Tami went on the Grizzly Gulch rafts, Lolo and I explored the Campground - she rode the zip line and had fun while I watched in the shade. We stood in line for 45 minutes to do Soaring over California, then left the park to go to El Pollo Loco for dinner nearby. Left at 8 p.m., home by 9:30 p.m.
* Read email and blogs, noted Best of the Genea-Blogs - 3-9 October 2010 posted. Checked Facebook and done!
Genealogy on Sunday was 1.0 hour - 0.5 hour doing email and 0.5 hour reading blogs.
Monday, 11 October:
* Read email and blogs, posted Amanuensis Monday - Will of Joseph Richards (1703-1748) of Southborough MA. Copied OASIS files to flash drives. Got cleaned up.
* Left at 9:15 a.m. for OASIS class, there by 9:45, got setup, taught my class until 12:30, and home for lunch.
* Read everything, wrote FamilySearch Beta has a new look - Part 2: Learning Resources, then edited CVGS newsletter and sent PDF to the membership. Will take it to copy and mail on Tuesday.
* Answered some email, especially speaker and consulting contracts. Went in at 4:30 p.m. to watch baseball game, take a nap, read the paper, watering front plants, and watched to the end of the game.
* Back online at 7:30 p.m., wrote up the SDGS Seminar for SDGS Newsletter. Checked Facebook, wrote "Becoming an Excellent Genealogist" - ICAPGEN Conference 22-23 October 2010 and wrote this post.
Genealogy on Monday was 9.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.5 hours at OASIS, 1.0 hour on CVGS Newsletter, and 2.0 hours writing SDGS article.