What a frustrating day... worked my butt off to get the CVGS Newsletter finished with the right information, then the Padres lost, and OpenOffice gave me problems tonight.
* Read email and blogs, started writing Best of the Genea-Blogs - 29 August to 4 September 2010 before church and finished it after church.
* Got home from church at 11:40 AM, put last bits of info into CVGS newsletter that I received this morning about the seminar in four weeks, printed it out, gathered my stuff and went down to the UPS Store and it's closed for the long weekend. Well, shoot. Back home and watched the Padres game.
* Padres lost 4-2, 10th loss in a row, I am really upset now, the hopes and dreams and playoff tickets are flying away... Got a short nap, read the paper, etc.
* Read everything, checked Facebook, answered some email and emailed flyer to CVGS members. Had dinner out on the patio, watered the back yard and the front plants.
* Worked in my database for awhile - fixing the source citations to have proper author, title, publisher, location, etc. Also fixed some sources to reflect the article or book rather than the English parish registers.
* Stopped in the database at 9:30, checked email, and got notice that FamilySearch Beta site is live and has all Record Search databases. Wrote All Record Search Databases are on FamilySearch Beta Site after OpenOffice gave me fits by shutting down and claiming I had to recover a document. Pain in the butt, that.
* Wrote this post, and will go read my Jeffrey Deaver novel...
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour on CVGS Newsletter, and 3.0 hours working in database.