Not a wonderful genealogy day - too many interruptions and the temptation of online family trees shows how weak I am!
* Read email before going off to the doctor's appointment at 8:30 AM - smiley faces on blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, but not on weight. Home to read blogs and post Treasure Chest Thursday - James H. Richmond's obituary.
* Added the English material found to my database on Whittle, Mansley, Morley, Bury and more. Struggle with source citations...can't get them right yet.
* Went off at 11 AM for lunch with retired engineers group, home by 1:15 PM.
* Captured more birth records of Whittle kids in England and Australia on FamilySearch - then wrote Whittle Birth Records in Australia. Worked more with sources in FTM16 on these folks.
* Wrote Jean Wilcox Hibben to Present at CVGS Fall Seminar on Saturday, 2 October on both Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe and Genea-Musings, plus one more post about the seminar on Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe.
* Went in at 5 PM to watch the Padres game, eat dinner, read the paper.
* Back online at 6 PM for TGF chat on NGSQ article - good article by Stefani Evans on Alleta Sadler and Nicholas Power families in colonial NY. Went back at 7 PM to watch rest of Padres game (Pads lost 4-0 to Cards).
* Back online at 8:15 PM, worked a bit more on sources, then tried trees on FindMyPast (no trees to search there), Genes Reunited (some, but can't see data) and Ancestry (some, including a decent Mansley site with a gravestone picture plus data).
* Checked Facebook, answered email and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, 2.5 hours doing online searches, 1.0 hour in TGF chat, and 1.0 hour working in database.
Post a Comment