More of a genealogy day than I expected...but some frustrations too.
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Amanuensis Monday - Probate Records of Stephen Hazard (1665-1727) posted. Wrote a WeRelate post for Tuesday.
* Got cleaned up, and left at 10:30 for the medical center for the blood draw, then to the pharmacy for my meds, and then to UPS Store to see if they'd fixed the copiers. Nope - so CVGS Newsletter publishing still not fixed. Drat.
* Home by 11:45 AM, read everything, and had lunch, then noted that Uploading a GEDCOM to the WeRelate Wiki - Post 1 posted as scheduled.
* Worked in my database for awhile adding AKAs for people with two or more name alternatives - had been putting them in as "Elizabeth or Betsy Smith" - got the A's Bs and Cs done today, plus a few sources, and some widow names I missed earlier.
* Called car dealer, and car not ready, so that put kibosh on dinner out since Linda was tired from her day out. Corrected one page in newsletter, and sent it out. Posted Class on Five Generation Pedigree Charts on the Cafe blog, and wrote one other post. We ate at home, and I was able to post Check Out British-Genealogy.com.
* Left at 5:45 PM for the airport to pick up Lucas off the 6:50 PM flight from San Jose. It was on time, no problems, and we were home by 7:45 PM. We immediately went out in back to kick the soccer ball around (he brought it in his backpack). Had dessert, played some Monopoly (usually a weeklong game for us), read him a book, and he fell asleep watching ESPN. He's a really smart and neat 7-year old (well, 7 next month).
* Came in at 9:30 to read everything, answer some email, check Facebook and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.5 hours writing blogs, 2.0 hours in database, and 0.5 hour doing CVGS business.
Tomorrow may be a non-genealogy day - especially if I have to go to the UPS Store and the car dealer. Lucas and I may go off to the beach to see the IB Sand castles if they're still up. If not, we'll walk on the pier and play in the sand. Or go to Point Loma or La Jolla. We'll try to get a round of miniature golf in too, plus some baseball and soccer work. Then Monopoly in the evening during the Padres game on TV.
I may not post on this blog for a few days - depends on the time available.