A genealogy day filled with no real progress on the database and some frustration at the board meeting...then the Dodgers whipped the Padres badly to make it a real down day.
* Read email and blogs, and posted (not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 114: Another early 1900s San Diego View. Researched and wrote Working in the Archive.org Text Archives, then got cleaned up.
* Gathered stuff for the board meeting, and took 20 minutes to create a program spreadsheet the way I want it done - no one else seems to understand. Went off to lunch at McDonalds and got to library at 11:40 AM.
* Sat through interminable board meeting until 3 PM. Took over an hour to work through the seminar details planned by a committee... very frustrating to see time wasted. Got commitments for the newsletter to be done this weekend, though.
* Home at 3:30 PM after stopping at the bank, read everything and wrote Help me improve the CVGS Member Survey. Nobody has offered yet! Oh well. Checked out several UK family tree sites that I have ancestral data on, and none of them are fast or useful IMHO. Worked in the database on sources a bit.
* Went in for dinner out on the patio at 5:30, then put out the trash. Was back online at 6:15 PM, and waded through the new WeRelate design. Still has clunky family tree, although I like the new look of the actual data.
* Went in at 7:05 PM to watch the Padres game, and started my Robert Parker book about the detective finding birth parents of a college girl. Interesting... oh, my Padres lost badly, 9-0 to the Beat-LA Dodgers.
* Read everything, sent some email, checked SCGS newsletter out, wrote this post, and am wondering what to write about on Thursday.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 3.0 hours at CVGS board meeting, 2.0 hours wandering around family trees, and 1.0 hour working in my database.
oh that is only because your day was Ruthless!!! But your sunshine gal is feeling better! I did work on a program sheet and mine was rather GOOD!!! I would have filled in further (like all of it) but wanted input!! did you use the format that automatically calculates budget etc.??? ok i will give survey info
Post a Comment