Not a real big day for genealogy at the Genea-Cave, nor for San Diego sports teams.
* Up early with Lolo and got cleaned up and out the door by 8:30 a.m. to get to the CGSSD meeting in La Jolla. Tami and family went to the beach this morning, and home this afternoon. The last five days were exhilarausting.
* Got to UCSD at 9 a.m., sat through the CGSSD merger decision meeting with SDGS - details later. In the second hour, Gary Hoffman presented his update on Genealogy in the Cloud. Similar to last year, but updated a bit.
* Went to lunch with Pam and Phyllis at TGIFridays, and home before 2 p.m. Read everything, noted that Surname Saturday - HOAX/HOUX (MD > PA) posted this morning and that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Wild and Crazy Genealogist? posted at noontime as scheduled. Wrote Interesting genea-tweets... you can't make this stuff up! and scheduled it for later.
* Went in at 3 p.m. to take a nap and then watched Padres game starting at 4 p.m. Read the paper, had dinner, and read my Robert Parker book. Switched between Padres game (lost 6-5 to Brewers) and Chargers game (lost 16-14 to Cowboys) after 6 p.m. Was ready to come back to computer, but had to go to store for new eggs after Linda threw out old ones.
* Finally back online at 9 p.m., read everything, wrote CGSSD Lives to see another day... about the CGSSD/SDGS merger vote meeting. Answered some email, checked Facebook, wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, and 1.5 hours writing blog posts.
Post a Comment