The OASIS class went well, the Padres won, and I worked in my database tonight for a bit. A decent genealogy day!
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, then wrote Amanuensis Monday - the Will of Isaac Read of Sudbury. Got cleaned up.
* Gathered syllabi, flash drives and laptop and off to Mission Valley at 9:15 a.m. for 10:15 a.m. OASIS class on Beginning computer Genealogy. Had 9 students (1 no-show), and I talked for two hours. Class 1 is Genealogy Basics, then software basics, then website basics.
* Stopped at McDonalds for lunch, then to Library for brief table talk with Gary and Ruth, then home by 2 p.m.
* Read everything, checked FamilySearch videos, wrote New FamilySearch Videos Online and helped Linda with chores, then to chair for Padres game at 4 p.m.
* Read the paper, took a nap, watered back yard dirt/weeds, had dinner and dessert, and Padres won 3-1 over Phillies (now 34-23, still in NL West first place).
* Back online at 6:30 p.m., read everything, made business cards, checked Facebook, had a short chat, took a walk down the block, then worked in database for about an hour. Got the T through Z folks done - delete obvious duplicates, give widows their maiden name and add the previous spouse, rectify the double dating problem, etc.
* Backed up and compacted the FTM database, then made a GEDCOM file of it. Wrote this post!
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.5 hours on OASIS class, 0.5 hour looking at FSI videos, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.0 hour getting ready for Jamboree, and 1.5 hours in database.