A really different genealogy day, plus the Padres game tonight.
* up early, read email, blogs and Twitter, and noted Surname Saturday - PLIMPTON (ENG > MA) posted (written last night). Wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Prolific Dad and set it for noon time.
* got cleaned up, left at 8:20 a.m. for UCSD for CGSSD meeting. Was in Corlee's DNA discussion group about autosomal DNA technology. Interesting, useful, need to understand it better.
* Daniel Horowitz was the feature speaker on Super Surname Search technology. I tweeted the whole talk - you can read it by reading my Twitter feed for 19 June at http://twitter.com/rjseaver/
* Daniel showed me some coming Family Tree Builder features, and then we went to lunch with Pam, Gene, Phyllis and Chris at TGIFridays. After lunch, I drove Daniel around town and dropped him at Petco Park at 3:15 p.m. He was going to do some shopping at the Padres store and wanted to watch batting practice.
* I hurried home, Linda upset that I hadn't called, got there at 3:35 p.m., left at 3:40 p.m. for trolley station and trip to Petco Park. Ate dinner at Tin Fish and were in our seats at 5:05 p.m. Daniel had a seat in the lower level - I never did find him without binoculars. Padres lost 5-4, but made it interesting in the 9th.
* Home on the trolley and at our house by 9:30 p.m. Read everything, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour writing blog posts, and 3.5 hours at CGSSD meeting (Twitter time included here!).