This will be the last genealogy day post for awhile - Linda and I are off for three weeks on vacation. I may use this blog to post highlights of our days just for later reference. Linda has her suitcase packed, and I don't, but I have my book bag packed with iPod, digital camera, Flip video camera and some books. We have 24 hours of travel from Friday night to Sunday afternoon...not sure how much sleep we'll get going over. I'll be cranky, I fear.
* Read emails, blogs and Twitter. Unsubbed from the TGF list for now to minimize emails. Wrote Census Records on Footnote.com FREE for awhile . Went looking for Treasure Chest items and had to reduce recent scans from TIFs to JPGs. Wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Church Marriage Record and three other posts for the Thursday posts.
* Got cleaned up, wrote First Carnival of Genealogical Societies Published and set it for later in the afternoon. I think I wrote some more posts for the three weeks I'll be gone, but there isn't one yet for everyday.
* Had lunch at home, then went off to walk with George on the bayfront. Went to mall to get anniversary card, look for jewelry and airplane eye-muffs. Found only the card. Drat. Will have to buy jewelry for her on the trip. Home by 2 p.m.
* Read everything, answered some email, proofed new FORUM draft copy and sent to editor, and went out to cut front lawn. Back in at 4:15 and don't remember what I did until I went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV news, take a nap and have dinner.
* Back online at 7:15 p.m., read everything and worked on FORUM column for awhile. Gathered stuff for bookbag. Wrote post for Friday noon, and wrote this post. Maybe 8 blog posts today - slacking off!
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours writing column and proofing copy, and 4.0 hours writing blog posts.
Goodbye, genea-blog world, until The Geneaholic gets out of Rehab...