A pretty full genealogy day with the CGSSD meeting, blogging and testing MyHeritage and GenSmarts a bit.
* Read everything, noted that Surname Saturday - DILL posted, got cleaned up, and went off to CGSSD meeting at 8:15 a.m.
* At CGSSD meeting at 8:45 a.m., frustrated by first hour about Ancestry.com when Del's computer wouldn't connect to UCSD wireless, and then he used Gary's and Del couldn't connect to Ancestry.com. I had no problem connecting to both in the audience!
* Met Aaron and Angie Underwood in lobby at 10 a.m., found a seat in top row with an electrical outlet for laptop. Worked in GenSmarts all through Aaron's presentation on GenSmarts. Walked down to parking lot with Underwoods, who are vacationing in San Diego and don't mind the rainy weather (they live in Chicago). Was home by 12:30 p.m.
* Read everything, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Happy Dance, Ah-ha Moments or Genea-gasms! posted, and tweeted it. Wrote and sent talk summary of SDJGS meeting. Checked out Ruth's article in LA Times, and wrote Ruth's Grandma Camp makes the LA Times about it to post later.
* Worked in MyHeritage for awhile, downloaded latest Flash software, then made a Family Crest for their contest. Checked out if my DynasTree database is there - it is!
* Really sleepy at 3:30, went in to read paper, watch TV, and take a nap. Watched Olympics until dinner.
* Back online at 7 p.m., read everything, wrote MyHeritage.com Family Crest Contest and sent my crest entry to MyHeritage. Worked a bit more in MyHeritage - still pretty clunky. Checked in on Facebook.
* Wrote blog post for Sunday morning. Installed GenSmarts Version 2 on desktop computer, and worked with it for awhile. Much better than Version 1! Will probably do some demos on Genea-Musings of it. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 on Twitter/Facebook, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, 1.0 hour in MyHeritage, and 1.0 hour on GenSmarts.