A long genealogy day, with not much to show for it. Lots of forgettable moments, I fear that I wasted hours just messing around looking for nuggets in the chaff.
* Read everything, posted Tombstone Tuesday - Rev. Obadiah Holmes (1610-1682), Baptist Minister and collected Rootsweb message board information.
* Check on Facebook and Twitter, wrote Using Online Genealogy Message Boards - Post 1 and answered some emails, then had lunch.
* Got about half of the scanned photos from Sunday Scanfest separated, cropped and named as JPG files. Had to scan five more because I messed up the first time around. Finished one bag of photos - two more to go. Tried to incorporate info on back into file names, and have image of back for some with lots of writing.
* Worked in RootsMagic a bit trying to decipher how to make a group and how to set up same-sex marriages. Failed at both tasks. Used another Tag in Legacy to set up descendants of Robert Seaver - worked like a charm!
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch TV, take a nap, and eat dinner. Linda went off to church to feed the homeless.
* Back online at 6 p.m. Wrote Using Online Genealogy Message Boards - Post 2 and then wrote Genealogy Days in Chula Vista - February 2010 on Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe.
* Worked in Chronicling America, NewspaperARCHIVE, Ancestry and Footnote newspapers trying to find some Fitchburg Sentinel and Washington Post articles for Richmonds and McKnews. Failed miserably - spent several hours with no results. Major league Drat! Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, 1.5 hour in software, 2.5 hours in online databases, and 2.5 hours working on scanned photos.