The choices are hard sometimes - genealogy or shopping? Linda's birthday is Thursday, and all I have planned so far are flowers...
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and posted "Find My Family" on ABC-TV. Wrote Advent Calendar: Day 24 - The Christmas Tree and got cleaned up to go out. The bathroom floor is pretty dry after running the fan all night.
* Had a dermatologist appointment for my scalp, face and body - full inspection of my largest organ, I always like to say. She zapped me in about 10 places with CO2 (it's really cold!) to prevent cancers. Went shopping at Plaza Bonita looking at clothes and jewelry for Linda. Saw one outfit I liked but wrong size. Saw nice jewelry but too expensive. Was home by 11:40 a.m.
* Had lunch at my desk, and started posting Advent Calendar blogs scheduled for the first nine days of December. Wrote Genealogy Days in Chula Vista - December 2009 and then CVGS "Heirloom Discovery Day" Highlights.
* Wrote Orphans of two kinds for the Carnival of Genealogy (deadline today), and had to research some of the dates and details on the Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910 database at www.NewEnglandAncestors.org. Took the opportunity to look at about 20 other people in the database and add source citations to many of their BMDs. Also captured images of the vital records.
* Answered a few emails, and checked in on Facebook. Helped Linda with groceries, put the bathroom back together, and emptied the guest bedroom.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to hear Obama's boring Afghanistan speech, read the paper, have dinner, and watch TV news.
* Back online at 6:30 - worked on the CVGS newsletter and got it about 60% done. Won't have much time on Friday or Saturday to get it ready for Sunday publishing.
* Read everything, wrote the Wordless Wednesday post for Wednesday, and wrote this post. 15 blog posts today... a record for me, I think! But 9 are copy and paste jobs.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 2.5 hours working in MA VRs and my database, 3.0 hours working on CVGS newsletter.