These have not been genealogy days, but they have been Family History days.
On Thursday 3 December:
* Advent Calendar: Day 22 - Christmas Tree Ornaments posted before I got up. Found a Family Home on Google... and Family Tree Maker Cannot Make an Ahnentafel List - Still! posted later. All were written Wednesday night.
* We were up early and left at 7:45 a.m. for Disneyland. Got there before 10 a.m. opening, went to Soaring over California and shopped a bit before meeting Tami and grandgirls at 11. Tried to go to Toy Story ride but closed, ate lunch at Boudins, and headed to Small World in Disneyland. Did that, then Linda spent more of her gift card on mouse ears, and then off to Haunted House. Major delay there because ofl imits on number of wheelchairs in show at one time. We were done - left at 5, ate at El Pollo Loco, headed home at 6:30, dropped girls at Michelle's at 8:15, home by 8:30 p.m.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and decided to go to bed early.
On Friday, 4 December:
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and noted that Advent Calendar: Day 21 - Christmas Cards posted. Wrote Follow Friday - the California Genealogical Society and Library Blog and Making FTC Disclosures about Blog-swag.
* Created an ahnentafel list in RM4 and ahnentafel report in FTM2010 and compared - sent to Russ for his review. Wrote blog posts for Saturday morning and noon. Accidentally posted SNGF for an hour this morning - meant to date it on Saturday.
* Ate lunch, left at 11:45 a.m. for airport to pick up cousin and friend, who are taking a Holland America cruise out of San Diego on Saturday. Drove out to Cabrillo Monument to see San Diego Bay and back country on a fairly clear day - about 50 mile visibility. Then around the bay, through downtown, over to the 30th Street house and through Balboa Park and stopped for dinner at Hob Nob Hill restaurant. Got home in traffic by 5:30.
* Talked about family and friends. Got out Aunt Gerry's box of albums and papers, and we went through them. Diana took some of her extended family, since I have them all scanned. Some wouldn't come off the album page, so made copies from the scanned images. Had fun talking about family and events.
* Came in at 9:30 p.m. and read email, blogs, Twitter and Facebook. Wrote this post.
Genealogy on Thursday was 1.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook.
Genealogy on Friday was 6.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 0.5 hour making ahnentafel reports/lists, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, and 2.0 hours talking about family with Diana.