This was a different genealogy day for me - actually got out of the Genealogy Cave and did something fun and useful in the outdoor world.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter before going off to the Men's Bible Study breakfast at 8 a.m. Surname Saturday - RICHMAN/RICHMOND posted while I was cleaning up.
* After breakfast, headed to San Diego Public Library downtown to finish off a CVGS query about tattoo parlors in San Diego. Found it, copied it, then talked to genealogy librarian Susan for awhile - she knows so much San Diego area history!
* Took off for Mission Hills and Pioneer Park where they dug up all of the gravestones, threw them in a gully at Mount Hope, and then replanted some of them in an area of Pioneer Park. Took pictures of quite a few for SSDCGYRabbit blog. Then went by the 30th Street neighborhood and took pictures of the Carringer houses.
* Home by 12 noon, read everything, and saw the Public Profiler site on Al's blog, so used it for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Surname Distributions! Yep, on a whim. That's how I usually choose - I believe in Just-in-Time SNGF!
* Went in to watch SDSU/TCU game, read the paper, took a short nap, and came back after halftime (SDSU down 31-6) to mess around online in Twitter and Facebook. Aztecs lost 55-12.
* Linda left after 4 p.m. to help our neighbors in the rest home, so read new FORUM mag online, then ate dinner, watched more football, and then the news.
* Back online at 6:30 p.m. - decided I'd better finish up the CVGS Newsletter. Got it done, printed off for copying, saved as a PDF for emailing, and printed off the address list. Ready to publish tomorrow!
* Wrote most of the Best of the Genea-blogs post tonight because tomorrow is church, CVGS publishing at 12 noon, and the Chargers Game. Then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour at SDPL, 1.5 hour at cemetery and 30th Street, 2.5 hours doing CVGS newsletter.