Ahhh, a total genealogy day... lots of database work, online searching work, and a little blogging!
* Read email, read blogs, read Twitter, wondered what to blog about for awhile, then hit on Getting Help with RootsMagic 4.
* That 15-inch tall stack of loose papers and manila folders isn't getting any smaller, and I know that there are things in the pile that need to go into the database. Grabbed about 7 inches of paper, and sorted it out. Yep - lots of goodies in here that need to be input. Beavered away at it for the morning and most of the afternoon.
* Had lunch at my desk, and after finding the Auble newspaper article, posted it in Drinking, Singing and Quarreling are dangerous to your livelihood. Back to the database work! Fixed a few of the English christening records too - they need the church source, not just the note about the date and place.
* 5:30 p.m.? Where did the day go? Into FTM 16 I think! Went in to eat dinner and watch TV, then back at the database work at 6:30.
* Researched and wrote Canadian County Atlas Project - Wonderful! after finding loose maps in my pile. Pretty good web site!
* Did a little work on Ancestry Search for Tony - wrote email about my findings. Checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Grabbed another 3 inches of paper, but straightened it up and put it back. Another day! Did some online research on several families to answer an email query, and didn't find much. Decided to make my census citations in my database as uniform as possible, so went through most of my families with census citations. Just a few more - maybe over the weekend.
* Wrote this post! Whew. My shoulders hurt but my fingers don't!
Genealogy today was 12.0 hours - 0.5 hours doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.0 hour in RootsMagic, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour in Ancestry, 1.0 hour doing online research, and 6.0 hours working in my database fixing things (and even added some people, but deleted some too).
Now, what in the world am I forgetting to do? Where's my to-do list? I need to update it so that I don't miss something important.