It was a busy genealogy day - not much blogging, some teaching, and some presentation work.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and "Is She the World's Greatest DNA Detective?" posted before I got cleaned up and ready to go out. Excellent article about Colleen and Andy - more to come! Genealogy gets publicity!
* Left at 9:15 a.m. for Mission Valley for my first OASIS class of this round - four Mondays in October. Had 10 students, started on time, gave briefing on basic principles of genealogy research, some software views, and then online in FamilySearch and Rootsweb. Gave them a 14 page handout (from my new printer!) and homework. Left at 12:30, stopped at McDonalds for lunch and the library to return a book, home by 1:15 p.m.
* Read everything, watched some of FTM 2010 webinar and posted Family Tree Maker 2010 Webinar Available. Took a nap!
* Back at 4 p.m., started on my Exploring Ancestry presentation. Almost every screen shot needs to be replaced since I did this in May at CGSSD. Arrggghhh.
* Stopped for dinner and the MNF game, but back at 7 p.m. Wrote Vote for Your Favorite Genealogy Blogs and added some of the nominees to my Bloglines list. Then back to the presentation mods, finally stopped at 10:30 p.m., but took about 20 minutes off to watch end of the game. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours - 1.0 hour reading email and blogs, 1.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 0.5 hour watching FTM webinar, 2.5 hours on OASIS class, 0.5 hours adding blogs, and 4.0 hours working on Ancestry presentation.