A hectic genealogy morning - then a lazy afternoon and evening.
* Up early, read email, blogs and Twitter, and posted Please Take Elyse's Genealogy Survey. No sooner did it post and Elyse's survey was taken offline. She got it back up and I revised my post in the evening.
* Left at 8:10 a.m. for UCSD in La Jolla - got to the CGSSD meeting at 8:45 a.m. Gary got me hooked to the projector and to the Internet, and I was ready to roll at 9 a.m. sharp. My "Exploring Footnote.com" presentation went well with about 50 in attendance - and finished by 9:55 a.m. (I was worried about that!). There were refreshments after that, then I attended Ellen Barbieri's talk on sorting out Italian and Polish ancestors in two different segments. Was home by 12:15 p.m.
* Read everything, and posted Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Family's Increase. Took some time to sort out my own list of descendants. Hope people enjoy doing the work and realizing that they need to find and stay in contact with those second and third cousins.
* Putzed around for awhile looking for vacation pictures in my albums showing genealogy pursuits - need them for the next talk to CVGS on 10/28. Reviewed articles on Ancestry.com about vacations too.
* At 2:30, went in to watch football game, took a nap, read the paper, then watched the SDSU-BYU game, then the Yankees-Angels came came on at 5. We ate dinner before the TV flipping between football and baseball. Cleaned out the pantry to get rid of bugs, and watered the front plants.
* Got out the laptop and read things while watching baseball game - finally over at 10:15 p.m. Put it away, came in to read email and blogs, start the Best of the Genea-blogs post, and then this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter and Facebook, 1.0 hour writing blog posts, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, and 1.5 hours looking for vacation pictures and articles.