The cold is worse - lots of coughing and sniffles when I don't medicate with the Tylenol 4-in-1 pills. Then the lozenges when the cough overcomes the Tylenol.
* Up early and online early because of the schedule today. Read email, blogs and Twitter, and posted Google News Search Archive quickly before leaving at 8:15 a.m.
* Off to Carlsbad for the NSDCGS meeting. Traffic stop and go in places, got there at 9:15 a.m., met everyone, talked to Gwynn, got set up for the 10 a.m. start. Pauline introduced me and off I went at about 10:10. Last slide (#119) at 11:30, whew! done right on time! Packed up, and then talked to Mary Van O for about 30 minutes about genealogy and libraries and the future.
* Stopped at Carl's Jr for lunch, then drove home - no traffic and was home by 1:30 p.m. Checked email and blogs, and wrote "Family Trees Yield Big Coin" about JMSeaver.
* Email had a query about the Vaux/Munger family, so hunted census records and newspaper records on Ancestry and Google fore info about extended family. Found some things, and entered them into the database. Fun to be doing something productive and helpful to others!
* Went in at 4:45 to read the paper and watch TV, ate dinner in back yard, put seed in the bird feeder, weeded the front plants, and had ice cream for dessert.
* Back online at 7 p.m. - did more research on Munger family and added Kansas State Census records to the mix. Kinda feel like I goofed off today! Wrote Genealogical Societies - Socialization Networks for the Carnival of Genealogy, checked in on Facebook and Twitter, then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter and Facebook, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 2.5 hours at NSDCGS, 4.0 hours doing online research.