Kind of a Jekyll and Hyde day - all genealogy and under pressure until 4 p.m., then relaxed and watched TV.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, then researched and posted Family Tree Builder 4.0 - Post 10: Adding Photos. Adding the photos was easy - trying to see them revealed a fatal flaw (at least to me!) - made my computer hang. Several times. Not good. Hope they fix it.
* Wrote and researched Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post. Scheduled it for early afternoon here. Tweeted about it ahead of time.
* Had a little time, so practiced my talk for awhile. Don't know how I can get through 120 slides in 60 minutes...but I do talk fast!
* Left just before 11 a.m. for Encinitas. Got there at 11:35, met the folks, set up the laptop, set off my "Genealogy is Fun(ny)" slide show while folks were waiting to be served. Had salad, bread and spaghetti with a meatball for lunch. Good food! Introduced at 1:30 p.m., got through the talk by 2:40 p.m. Found one error and can see how adding several more charts can help the flow. This was a big revision of an earlier presentation. Left for home at 3 p.m.
* Home by 3:40, read email and blogs, noted SNGF on Twitter, and went in to take a nap. Little League came was at 5 p.m., we ate dinner watching our boys win 14-0, then Chargers game (beat Cardinals 17-6) and Padres game (lost to Cards 7-0). Then back on the computer to read and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 1.0 hours reading email and blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter and Facebook, 1.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, and 3.0 hours at the POINTERS meeting in Encinitas.