I missed journaling last night because we went to the Padres game and got home late. Here are the highlights for the past two days:
1) Saturday, 1 August
* Got cleaned up and went off to my Men's breakfast at 8 a.m. Was home by 9:30, and the GE repair guy was here fixing the stove burners. Done!
* Read my email, blogs and Twitter, and researched and wrote Family Tree Maker 2010 <=> Ancestry Member Tree Synchronization. That was a major effort to get it right!
* Decided to write the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post early... then had lunch. Tweeted about it too. Had a good turnout.
* Worked in my database working on sources in the McKnew line.
* At 3:30, went in to take a short nap, read the paper, watched TV. Linda worked on computer.
* We left at 5 p.m. for the Padres game. Ate at The Tin Fish downtown. Pads won 4-2. We were home by 10:45 p.m.
* Set up computer to delete old backup files on the External hard drive.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 1.5 hours reading stuff, 1.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, 2.0 hours on database sources.
2) Sunday, 2 August 2009
* Up early, read email, Twitter and blogs before church. Set computer to backup files on external drive while we were gone. Back by 11:30 a.m.
* Researched and wrote Best of the Genea-Blogs.
* Had lunch, watched Padres game, backed up more files in the process.
* During inning breaks, came in to write a post on CV Genealogy Cafe blog and it was gone! Hmmm. Wrote Where, oh where, has my little blog gone? Hopefully, it will be restored.
* Started on CVGS Newsletter for August. Took material from CVGenCafe posts in email (I save everything!!) and filled up four pages, then went to work on the two computer related pages.
* Dinner time, then cut the front lawn and watered it, back online by 7:30 p.m.
* Wrote another post on the SF house for Monday morning, then worked more on the CVGS Newsletter. Then this post and I'm done.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours - 1.5 hours reading email, blogs and Twitter, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour on CVGenCafe problem, and 3.0 hours on CVGS newsletter.
Genealogy work all this coming week will be lighter than usual. It's the week for Grandpa Camp. Lucas is coming on the airplane on Monday afternoon for a week of fun and games and learning with Grandpa. I hope Grandpa survives!